Sunday, May 10, 2015

Magnetic Island - Horseshoe Bay...catching up with the guys!

Turns out the guys motored fast and got to Horseshoe Bay, Magnetic Island Tuesday night.  My diving was cancelled due to not enough people, so I left Ayr Wednesday morning took the bus to Townsville and the Ferry over to meet them!  Wayne even got the dingy going and came in to pick me up from the beach!
Very cute little beach area!
I had previously arranged a couple of nights at the Koala Bungalows thinking that it would take the guys a couple of days to motor up... so I spent one night on the boat and then Wayne took me to shore again for my "resort" stay and tour!  I have to admit the tour was GREAT! 
I got a "kiss" from the black/red tailed cockatoo....
This white cockatoo was upset with the lack of attention!
The Naturalist was extremely informative about all the living things under her care... including this crocodile! 
And then to the Koala's! 
Oh, they are so cute!  And, yes....
I could not resist and got to hold one!  The people at the resort were so helpful in ideas of what to do while on the island!   When I had mentioned the butterfly's at Mt Rooper one gentleman told me of a trail to walk down...

Butterfly's EVERYWHERE as I walked down the trail!  Wayne picked me up again at the beach after my time at the resort. There was also a suggestion from one of the resort guys to go to the Forts!   The next day Wayne and I came in to the island took the bus up to the trailhead and walked up the mountain to the Forts!  It was awesome!  Beautiful view!  AND, another wild Koala!!!   That makes two this whole trip!!  One on Stradbroke Island and one here!  I haven't had time to get pictures done and it is nearing time to be leaving Australia!  I will try to wrap up our great time here with pictures of the Forts on the next blog!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there...let us know what you think...Capt Paul